- Skin Rejuvenation/Tightening
- Skin Resurfacing/Texture
- Medical Facials
- Sun Damage & Discoloration
- Acne Treatment
- Acne Scarring
- Laser Hair Removal
- Hair Restoration
- Fat Loss & Muscle Building
- Pelvic Floor Strengthening
- Sexual Wellness
- IV Therapy — IV Treatment
- BohoBoost Medical Weight Loss Program
- Resurfacing & Tightening
- Pregnancy-Safe Treatments
- Before & Afters
Dysport in Effingham
Even if you avoid direct sun exposure and regularly care for your skin, wrinkles and fine lines are a natural part of our skin’s life cycle and are bound to show up eventually.For years, the only option for treating sagging and wrinkled skin was going under the knife for a facelift. Today, we provide Dysport® in Effingham to offer our clients a tasteful, non-surgical way to restore youth and minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, creases, and folds that have appeared from years of smiling, squinting, frowning, or yawning.
Dysport is made of a purified protein that is FDA-approved to temporarily relax the facial muscles that contract and cause wrinkles when you smile, squint, frown, or make other facial expressions. As these muscles relax, the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles is significantly reduced and new wrinkles are prevented from forming. If you are ready to look in the mirror and see smooth skin with a youthful glow, come to our med spa for Dysport in Effingham!
What it Treats
Forehead Lines & Wrinkles
The 11’s (Between the Brows)
Bunny Lines (Lines on Side of Nose)
Crows Feet (Around the Eyes)
Lateral Brows (Botox Brow Lift)
Lip Flip/ Reduction in Gummy Smile
Armpits (Reduction in Sweating)
15 to 30 minutes
Female and Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
Depending on your tolerance, we may provide you with an ice pack immediately after your injections to reduce any redness or swelling you may experience. There is no required downtime with Dysport in Effingham; most patients return to work or their regular daily routine after leaving our office with instructions to avoid direct UV exposure and rigorous exercise for a few days following their injections.
Why try Dysport in Effingham?
Not only is Dysport FDA-approved, neurotoxin injectables have proven themselves to be highly effective and safe for decades.
Dysport is one of our most popular injectables for a reason. It works very well in not only smoothing the skin but also preventing future wrinkles!
Dysport can be used for a variety of wrinkle treatments. It has proven successful for both men and women and is beloved by patients of all skin types and ethnicities.
The Dysport Process.
What to Expect?
When you come to Boho Chic Clinique for Dysport in Effingham, your trained injection specialist will first provide a free consultation to make sure you are an ideal candidate for injections, and to discuss your goals to provide a recommendation for which injectable will best meet your needs. During your personalized consultation, we will thoroughly educate you on the benefits and risks of Dysport. We will also take photos of your treatment area(s).
Get Your Injections.
We will then study your facial expressions and make light marks with a pen to indicate precisely where we will be making the injections. Since we utilize thin, tiny needles most patients report feeling minimal to no discomfort. We can, however, provide topical anesthetic as necessary to ensure your comfort. After a 10 to 15 minute injection process, you will be able to leave our Effingham office and continue your normal activities, we just ask that you stay out of the sun without protection and you keep your head upright for 4 hours.
We will assess the treated area to ensure proper placement of the Dysport. We’ll answer any and every question you have about the treatment, and give you instructions on the best ways to maintain your results. Then, we welcome you to schedule any follow-up appointments you need.
Before receiving your Dysport injections in Effingham from Boho Chic Clinique, we recommend:
- Avoid aspirin (e.g. Bayer, Excedrin) and other blood-thinning medications (e.g. Vitamin E, Fish Oil) for at least 10 days before injections. If you are taking this medication under direction of your doctor, be sure to speak with him or her for permission before discontinuing it.
- Avoid ibuprofen (e.g. Advil, Motrin) for 3 days before injections. Note: if you’re concerned about pain or bruising, you can take Tylenol before your appointment.
- Avoid alcohol for 2 days prior to injections as this too can thin the blood and cause bruising during treatment.
- Discontinue use of retinoid (Vitamin A) products for 2 days before & after treatment.
- Consider a zinc supplement in the weeks leading up to your Dysport injections. Studies have shown that higher levels of zinc in the body are related to higher efficacy of Dysport and other injectables.
- Make sure your skin is properly hydrated by drinking adequate amounts of water and using moisturizer morning and night.
To properly care for and get the most out of your Dysport in Effingham, we recommend following up your injections with:
- No touching or massaging the injection site to avoid moving the material to a spot it wasn’t intended to be.
- Keep your head upright for 4 hours following the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and use sunscreen when outside as UV rays can disperse the injectable faster in your skin, making the effects shorter (not to mention the acceleration of aging by the sun!).
- Avoid strenuous activity or aerobics for 4 hours after your injections.
- Avoid facials or massages for 4 hours following the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions.
When will I see results for Dysport in Effingham?
How long do the results last?
How much time does it take to receive a Dysport injection?
Will my face look overdone or unnatural?
How many Dysport injections should I get?
Do men get Dysport treatments?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.