- Skin Rejuvenation/Tightening
- Skin Resurfacing/Texture
- Sun Damage & Discoloration
- Acne Treatment
- Acne Scarring
- PRP for Hair Restoration
- Fat Loss & Muscle Building
- Pelvic Floor Strengthening
- Sexual Wellness
- IV Therapy — IV Treatment
- BohoBoost Metabolic Reset
- Resurfacing & Tightening
- Rewards Program
Micropen EVO in Effingham
Rewrite Your Skin’s Appearance
Acne scars can be an annoying reminder of painful blemishes from the past. Scars are a form of skin texture, and to improve them you have to improve your skin from within. Professional skin treatments with the right technology are the best way to improve the appearance of facial scarring.
If you’re looking for a treatment designed to improve acne scars, look no further than a Micropen treatment in Effingham. This microneedling treatment creates thousands of controlled micro-injuries to the skin to kickstart your skin’s natural wound healing process. The result is collagen production and skin reparation to smooth the outer surface.
What it Treats
Other types of scars
60 minutes or less
Female or Male
Recovery & Downtime
There is minimal downtime after Micropen. Most patients experience light swelling and redness/pinkness immediately after. You will likely be able to return to normal activities the following day.
Why try the Micropen EVO in Effingham?
Smooths Acne Scars
Acne scars are notoriously difficult to through at-home products alone. Micropen yield transformative results.
Our clients love the immediate glow effect this treatment has on their skin.
All Skin Types
Unliked other resurfacing treatments such as laser, Micropen is safe for all skin types and tones.
The Micropen EVO Process.
What to Expect?
Before your treatment with Micropen in Effingham, you'll meet with one of our providers for a skin consultation. We'll discuss your skin concerns and desired results to determine that this is the best treatment for your needs.
Your specialist will prep your skin. One of the unique steps in this treatment is the use of your own PRP (platelet-rich plasma) as the glide lubricant for the handpiece. After withdrawing and centrifuging the PRP and prepping your skin, we will begin the treatment process and keep you comfortable throughout.
You will enjoy the immediate glow this treatment gives your skin, and your results will progress over the course of several weeks. Results continue to improve up to 6 months after treatment.
It is important to properly prepare for your SkinPen in Effingham. Before your appointment, you should:
6 months before treatment
- Discontinue use of oral isotretinoin use.
1 week before treatment
- Minimize sun exposure and do not use a tanning bed.
- Use sunscreen for extra protection.
- Discontinue use of aspirin, naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), coconut oil, omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil; ingestion of fish), ginseng, gingko, turmeric/curcumin, St.John’s Wort.
3 days before treatment
- Discontinue use of ibuprofen.
Note: Acetaminophen (Tylenol, Advil) can be used before and after treatment
Day of treatment
- Discontinue use of retinoid creams.
- Wash treatment area with non-abrasive cleanser (no exfoliation).
- If you are prone to cold sores, take relevant medication you are prescribed.
- Ensure 24 hours since your last autoimmune therapy session, if applicable.
*Always consult your physician before discontinuing medications
To get the most out of your session with Micropen Effingham, it is important to follow these steps:
Day of treatment
- For the remainder of the day avoid clothing on the treated area (i.e. hats, scarves, headbands, or any other clothing), if this cannot be avoided then use only cotton clothing that has not been treated with fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- If you are prone to cold sores continue medication for 5 days after treatment.
- For discomfort you may take acetaminophen (i.e. Tylenol, Advil).
- After 4 hours you may use your normal skincare products except retinoids and exfoliating products.
- Try to avoid sun exposure
3 to 5 days after treatment (or once skin is no longer sensitive or peeling)
- You may resume retinoid use.
- You may resume use of alpha-hydroxy acids (e.g. lactic acid, glycolic acid, malic acid).
- You may resume use of salicylic acid.
- You may resume the use of scrubs and exfoliating products.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Who is a good candidate for a Micropen treatment?
When will I see results?
How many treatments do I need?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.